Mithai mandir Gujarati veg meal review

Place: Right outside Vadapalani Muruga Swamy temple on the left.



I went there around 2:10 pm. The shop was small. It's easy to miss the floor. I noticed it only after coming out. So the Mithai mandir is not as small. There's a floor too.

I ordered a Gujarati thali. It's a pure veg hotel. The meal was too different. Good or bad depends on our expectations. I didn't regret. It provided me what I expected. I wanted to taste something different and this Gujarati thali definitely met my expectations.

If you have never tasted Gujarati thali, this is a must visit place. I had no idea about how a Gujarati thali would taste before this encounter. So this will act as a yard stick for the future Gujarati thalis I may end up having. It's going to be tough for future Gujarati thalis.

Looks like Gujarati thali has a sweetish flavor in general.

There was a curd vadai that was sweetish. Chilly powder looked attractive over the curd and added spice to the otherwise sweet side dish.

Three fulkas hot, small and fresh was there supported by white Channa, green peas, green gram, rajma gravy. The gravy was neither too spicy nor sweetish and it rightly supported the fulkas. Good job!

Dal was good. I initially didn't expect it to be sweet. When I mixed it with rice and consumed the first handful, the sweetish taste pleasantly surprised me.  It was different and I liked it.

Then came the liquid which tasted like sweet morekuzhambu. And again to me it was different and likable. Potato sabzi helped overcome continuous dosages of sweetness in both dal and morekuzhambu.

Vadaam and butter milk were good too. Butter milk was not sweetish and was like regular spicy TN one.

Over all if you are expecting a different taste, this is a must visit and taste.

Ratings:

Taste: 3.9 / 5

Cost: 165 rs. This could have been 120 or 130. So 3.7 / 5 here.

They had other North Indian speciality sweets and condiments. You could try them too.
We will miss the diversity of India if we don't look out specifically and eat the foods of various States of India. Let's appreciate the diversity by doing something we enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

என் ஊரு சிவபுரம்

Is Ramayana the Indian version of Odyssey?

Why brahmins must support BJP?