Passionless and dispassionate

        I saw this below good video on youtube that spoke about the need to stop searching for passion.



        In reality, it is still believed that one has to have passion to succeed in life. I believed it and I was really hard on myself for not having one. It was difficult for me. On one moment something would make make me feel, "Yes, this is it!!! I've found my passion", the next moment the same will start getting boring. I was going through such a rapid cycles of identifying my passion and getting clarity that I was no longer passionate about it.

        Lord Sri Krishna, in Bhagavat Gita has said about doing our duties dispassionately when explaining Karma Yoga. In my understanding, it is a highly elevated and mature state where I have understood that the whole world is His play and I am a spark of the same Him. Can I go against myself? If I am the winner as manager who successfully denied hike, I am also a loser as an employee under the manager. Once I realize that my manager and I are sparks of the same Him, I am relieved. I no longer feel that I am a loser.

The concept illustrated:
        Just imagine that you are a male drama artist, playing the role of Draupati in a Mahabharatham play. You are totally into the role. People watching totally believes that you are a girl. But will you at any point of time forget that you are a man?
        You should be like that. You should understand that you are an instance/spark of same Him. You enact your role as husband or a wife or a mother or an employee or a manager and so on, but you should always remember that you are a spark of Him.

Back to the video:
        This video really questions if passion is mandatory. To me it looks like, the western countries have started realizing that being dispassionate is the key to success, because having a satisfying career and life is the key measure of success. The video stops there. But if we think deeply, we will come to know that we can be satisfied if and only if we dispassionately do our work. Passion is all about attachment. Passionless means lack of attachment. Lack of attachment does not mean we're dull. It's rather the other way round. We're sensitive, we're conscious, living this moment, well aware of our duties but finally don't take the burden called success. We instead submit it to Him, we don't celebrate the fruit of our dispassionate action and remain calm and unperturbed for ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

என் ஊரு சிவபுரம்

Is Ramayana the Indian version of Odyssey?

Why brahmins must support BJP?