Review of the book 'Essentials Of Hinduism' by Swami Bhaskarananda

I am a Hindu and yet a lover, acceptor and respecter of other faiths as well. I recently happened to listen to Dr. Zakir Naik's lecture on Islam. I really felt he is doing a good job of taking his religious scriptures to his people (Muslims). This is the real need of the hour, to understand one's scriptures and walk the way his/her religion has advocated, as every religion advocates love. I should also admit that I however could not agree any religious conversion, which he does. 

Conversion part apart, Dr. Zakir Naik seemed to be knowing Hindu scriptures as well, and that is when I felt ashamed of myself, I(I assume most) didn't know about Hinduism, as much as he did. I decided to become knowledgeable in Hindu scriptures, however I was sure I will go slow and steady in the journey. 

I found this book 'Essentials of Hinduism' very small in size, unlike other religious philosophical books. I bought this book, yet I was sure, it is not going to be as interesting as a fiction, which I like to read. I was wrong, the book was in fact very crisp. The book went very interesting, clearing many myths about Hinduism. I recommend the book to each and every Hindu in the world. If I have to give a one line review of the book, this is how I would give: 
This book gives Hinduism in a nut shell - philosophical, yet interesting page turner!!!
I have started reading 'Journey from many to one' by the same author. I will share my experience once I am done.

I thank Dr. Zakir Naik to irk me and push me to understand my religion. It is because of you that I have commenced with this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

என் ஊரு சிவபுரம்

Is Ramayana the Indian version of Odyssey?

Why brahmins must support BJP?