Pollachi Trip - Behind the scenes

My manager will make a good OOP professor. "Why are so many details unknown to us? Why are some processes not transparent to us?", I asked my manager. "Often better than not, it is better that few things are hidden from team, for proper functioning of the org. I might have hidden few things because they were unnecessary overhead to you. Why do you want to worry about flow of electrons when fan goes ON with just press of a switch? Leave the worry to us and enjoy the wind. Abstractions are part of every manager's duty and responsibility", replied my manager in his characteristic inimitable style. I was mesmerized, for he made me understand the concept of abstraction, that I was unclear for ages. I had nothing to ask him then, but what I never understood till now was, what did he refer to as 'flow of electrons'? what was the switch? and what was the wind, btw? Managers are tricky people, they are well trained in playing with words and they can get away with you easily by just explaining you an OOP concept, if you are dumb. This was two years back. Now-a-days I ask him directly, 'what is encapsulation? manager saar'. Well! Enough of OOP lecture in my corporate venture.

The reason for me writing the previous paragraph was that my previous post on our trip to Pollachi (http://worldaroundbals.blogspot.in/2013/03/a-trip-to-pollachi.html) happened to be an abstract of our trip, hiding unwanted details. There is no one else but four of us max (me and other three of my slaves [என்னோட ப்ளாகையும் படிக்கும் எனக்கு வாய்த்த அடிமைகள்]), reading this post, to whom, abstraction has no role to play as they themselves are part of implementation details, also there is no intended client who is to be pleased by abstracting and I am not a manager either yet.

The unfortunates:

There were two unfortunate happenings, per my mind, one a small chaos and the second one, a considerable money loss.
1) A small chaos happened at the hotel while we checked out, as the employee who had just come on the evening shift demanded about Rs. 200 extra for permitting persons extra, however with skillful argument of Raja about the initial agreement made, we did not have to pay the extra amount. The new staff yielded easily rather than Raja's skillful argument ;)

2) Driver Moorthy demanded Rs. 1000 more stating the trip to Athirappalli falls as "out of agreed locality". This was totally unexpected from him, who otherwise was a fair companion throughout the trip. I personally felt guilty for being a poor negotiator and failing badly at discussing all the terms on the first hand. The thousand bucks was divided to all four of us :( .

The bun basket of India:

What is a bun? Bun is a food that is given to you by others without your consent and giving you only two choices, which is to swallow it or store it in your mouth and spit it on the person who gave you with vigor in your next opportunity :->. 

I am happy to share my experience with my big share during bun exchanges. Though everyone kept receiving equal shares of buns throughout the trip, a big share of it suddenly came to me as Raja asked me, 
"What were the UPs and DOWNs of the trip?".
I explained seriously, 
"We chose a poor season for our trip, the effects of which we face even as we speak, see there is no water or greenery anywhere, ...". 
The price I paid for PETERing with phrases like 'even as we speak' and all from "The oath of the Vayuputhras", that I recently read was that, I ended up receiving my big share of bun as Raja busted into laughter. 
"What did I ask? What were UPs and DOWNs?. Simple. Vaalpaarai is UP, Pollachi is DOWN; Hills are UP, plains are DOWN. HE HE HE." 
said Raja sarcastically. Chaaaaaaa!!!!! Revenge awaits you Rajaaaaa. Be ready to receive a counter-bun for this.


Athai is too hungry? Feed her a bun

Raja reminded all of us a comedy told by Yeggi mama. Yeggi mama is one of the guys who is always surrounded by people in marriages, special occasions and get togethers, for his quick with and self tailored stories. One of his comedy goes as ...
Yeggi mama and family had gone on a pilgrimage to their family God (ancestral God), Kaalippatti Kandhasamy. After a satisfactory darshan, Yeggi mama had asked athai,
"What was your prayer to the GOD?"
"I prayed that, you should be my husband in all my seven janmas. What did you pray to GOD, btw?"
thus replied athai and continued to ask after about his prayers.
"I prayed to GOD that this should be the 7th janma"
replied mama sarcastically. 
The jokes narrated by mama are rarely true incidents and often cooked up ones as said earlier.

One thing is certain. Without the unfortunates and buns, the trip wouldn't have been memorable, neither will the life trip be!! 
What say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

என் ஊரு சிவபுரம்

Is Ramayana the Indian version of Odyssey?

Why brahmins must support BJP?